With the Upgrade to EASE Standard a more accurate picture of not only of the performance of a loudspeakers’ system but also of the general behavior of the sound in a room will be possible. This is especially helpful for cases local differences in reverberation or audible echoes are expected and need to be investigated.
In addition to the benefits available in EASE JR, EASE Standard is helpful:
- To design sound systems in acoustically challenging venues where not only the reverberant field plays a role, but also strong discrete reflections.
- When the assumptions of Eyring and Sabine formulas for the calculation of the reverberation time are not met, and thus ray tracing algorithms are recommended.
- When advanced acoustical evaluations are the focus in order to analyze and solve acoustical problems.
- For local analysis of reflections in the room in a manner similar to positioning a measurement microphone on site. This enables you to become aware of obstacles that could remain hidden without enhanced investigation.
- Complete software program for construction and acoustical simulation of rooms and design of loudspeaker installations used within
- Easy and quick 3D modeling with parameter-controlled room prototypes
- Automated generation of standard shapes such as blocks, columns, cupolas, etc.
- Grouping of elements to form objects for easy multiple usage
- Open GL 3D rendering
- Import/export of files in AutoDesk DXF format, as Google SketchUp files or in text format
- Extensive, detailed loudspeaker database including over 90 manufacturers und more than 3.000 models
- Realistic simulation of line arrays and steered loudspeaker columns using complex data
- Large database of wall materials
- Mapping of all essential acoustic parameters onto freely configurable audience areas and all other surfaces:
- Direct SPL, total SPL,
- Early total SPL L7, L50, L80 and defined by user,
- Direct/reflected sound ratios,
- Intelligibility STI according to IEC 60268-16:2003 and ALcons,
- Reverberation time RT, T10, T20, T30,
- Early Decay Time EDT,
- Clarity C7, C50, C80 and defined by user,
- Critical distance,
- Arrival times, initial time delay gap ITDG,
- Loudspeaker aiming and loudspeaker coverage overlap
- All calculations can be done both on the basis of statistical reverberation models according to Eyring/Sabine or measured reverb times as well as by geometrical calculation of room reflexions using raytracing algorithms
- Extensive raytracing features including "acoustical probe" for detailed investigation of all parameters at any given point in the room
- Waterfall diagrams
- Impulse responses
- Schroeder reverb times
- Modular transfer functions
- STI calculations
- Offline investigation of all data and auralisation of saved files
- VISION rendering module including lightsource editor and surface editor to produce photorealistic previews
- Auralisation of direct sound
- Generation of sound propagation videos within raytracing limits
- EASE SpeakerLab to generate complex new loudspeaker data files in GLL format including configurable loudspeakers, line arrays, or steerable loudspeaker columns with all their parameters
- Version Comparison
Feature / Version EASE JR EASE Standard AURA Module* EARS Module* InfraRed Module** Extensive databases
Loudspeaker and Wall Material
Complete set of modeling tools Vision
Architectural Rendering Module
Import and Export
DXF and SKP drawing files
Eyring and Sabine
Based on Eyring or Sabine Reverberation Times:
Direct SPL, %AlCons, STI, RaSTI, Pressure Level, Clarity Ratios, Total SPL, D/R Ratio, Critical Distance, Arrival Times, Loudspeaker Overlap, ITD (Initial Time Delay) Gap, Loudspeaker Aiming
Open GL Viewer
Direct Sound Auralization Speaker Base, SpeakerLab and Material Base
Entry and creation of Loudspeaker and Wall Material data
Ray Tracing capatibilities Ray Tracing Movie module Mapping on Room Surfaces Local Ray Tracing Ray Tracing Impacts
Local reflections study
Local Decay Times
Quick check RT at various spots in the room to verify Accuracy with Eyring and Sabine provided RT times
Mapping with Reflections Acoustical Probe
Measurement microphone simulation:
Reflectograms (EFC/ETC displays), Waterfall displays, Pulse Directionality (hedgehog) displays, Schroeder Reverberation Times, Modular Transfer Function, STI Intelligibility Projections, Impulse Response files
Ray Tracing routine
Feature / Version EASE JR EASE Standard AURA Module* EARS Module* InfraRed Module** Hybrid Ray Tracing routines
Best approach for high quality calculations at reduced Time
Full multi-threading support
For high speed calculations of impulse responses
AURA Mapping and AURA Response auralisation results can use all RAM available on 64-bit computers
Calculations according to ISO 3382:
Early Decay Time (EDT), Reverberation Time (T10, T20, T30), Lateral Fraction (LF) & Lateral Fraction Coefficient (LFC), Clarity (C80), Definition (D, C50), Sound Strength (G), Center Time, Echo Criteria for Speech & Music, STI & Articulation Loss
LF and LFC
Lateral Fraction and Lateral Fraction Coefficient
Echograms and Histograms
For detailed investigation of impulse responses
Consideration of Scattering coefficients
Response files in Ambisonics B-Format Auralization
Full Off-line and Real Time
Different noise signal generation Mix diverse sources for auralization
E.g. to simulate effects of masking noises
Binaural Auralization Infrared transmitter/modulator database S/N investigation Cable length effect
* Can be combined only with EASE Standard. ** Can be combined with EASE JR and EASE Standard.
- When I purchase EASE 4.4 now - will my investment be credited when I switch to EASE 5?
EASE 4.4 licenses purchased between October 04, 2022 and September 19, 2023 can be exchanged for an EASE 5 license with the same feature level* upon request. This exchange will be free of charge. You will receive an EASE 5 license with a time limit of 2 years.
This option is available until December 31, 2023.
With the availability of EASE 5 Second Edition since September 19, 2023, this exchange option is no longer offered. Nonetheless, your investment is honored as you may upgrade to EASE 5 at the reduced renewal pricing if you wish to switch to the new platform.
* EASE 4 JR -> EASE 5 JR
EASE 4 Standard -> EASE 5 Standard
EASE 4 Standard + AURA Module -> EASE 5 Pro
EASE 4 Standard + EARS Module -> EASE 5 Pro
EASE 4 Standard + AURA Module + EARS Module -> EASE 5 Pro
- End of Support EASE 4
EASE 5 has been released in October 2022 and replaces the predecessor software EASE 4.
The support for all EASE 4 licenses purchased before March 12, 2018 will end on September 30, 2025.*
This includes the following AFMG services:
- Technical Support
- E-mail support
- Telephone support
- Software Maintenance
- Bugfixes for the software
- Adaptations of the software in the event of changes to the current operating systems
- Other Services
- Transfer of license ownership
- Updates of the EASE 4 loudspeaker database (limited support starting September 19, 2023)
*This does not apply if feature upgrades including the AURA and EARS modules have been purchased for this license after March 12, 2018.
- Technical Support
Upgrade EASE JR 4.x -> EASE Standard 4.x
Upgrade EASE JR 4.x -> EASE Standard 4.x
1 User Key for an existing license ID
The End User License Agreement for EASE 4 applies.